Maintenance and precautions for use of artificial limb
Maintenance and precautions for use of artificial limb Today, we know that amputees who have been equipped with prostheses wear and use prostheses (thigh prostheses, calf prostheses, knee amputated prostheses, etc.) daily. In order to ensure the normal use of prostheses, wear healthy and comfortable, and extend the service life of prostheses, we should pay attention to the following items:
Today, we know that amputees who have been equipped with prostheses wear and use prostheses (thigh prostheses, calf prostheses, knee amputated prostheses, etc.) daily. In order to ensure the normal use of prostheses, wear healthy and comfortable, and extend the service life of prostheses, we should pay attention to the following items:
Maintenance of formal cavity: (including artificial lining, silicone sleeve, gel sleeve, etc.)
1. The arm barrel of upper limb prosthesis and the receiving cavity of lower limb prosthesis shall be kept clean every day, cleaned before going to bed and dried naturally. (do not wash every day, 2-3 days or at least once a week)
2. After wearing the arm tube of upper limb prosthesis and the receiving cavity of lower limb prosthesis for a period of time, some patients will have the phenomenon of muscle atrophy of the residual limb. At this time, the method of wearing socks or filling leather pad can be used to maintain the comfort and safety of wearing and walking. If it is still too loose, please contact with Merrill Lynch in time to avoid wrestling after slipping, and replace the receiving cavity if necessary.
Attention should be paid to the wearing of silica gel and gel soft sheath.
(1) Cleaning method: clean the inner side with neutral soapy water every day (2-3 days or once a week), and air dry naturally. (it is better to use nursing liquid).
(2) Avoid scratching and tearing of sharp and rough objects;
(3) Avoid high temperature exposure and baking;
(4) Avoid strong stretching.
Temporary receiving cavity and temporary prosthesis
1. The temporary receiving cavity and the temporary prosthesis are used as amputees of the first installed prosthesis to observe, shape and stabilize the residual limb.
2. The temporary prosthesis is only used for the weight bearing, support, joint mobility, training strength and walking sense of the residual limb.
3. If you use the Merrill Lynch inflatable full contact temporary prosthesis, please wear and take it off under the guidance of Merrill Lynch technicians. As the most humanized high-end temporary prosthesis in the world, we give it to our patients for free. Please take good care of it and make full use of it.
Maintenance of prosthesis structure
1. The structural parts of the prosthesis shall be used normally according to the requirements of after-sale warranty period. Generally 3 to 6 months to the prosthetic company regularly maintenance, maintenance. In case of any abnormality, contact the prosthetic company and solve it properly.
2. In order to prevent the damage of the structural parts and extend the service life of the prosthesis, the prosthesis should not be used and stored in the humid or harsh environment. (except for high-end artificial limb products or special artificial limb materials)
3. Without the permission of Merrill Lynch rehabilitation technicians, users are forbidden to dismantle the prosthesis by themselves!
4. Vulnerable parts: electromyographic hand skin, valve cover, belt, shape sponge, shape socks and so on, depending on the situation, some are not within the scope of warranty, should be used normally and reasonably, pay attention to maintenance.
The phenomenon of initial prosthesis
There are blisters, discomfort and muscle ache after wearing the acceptor cavity on the stump; the back of the waist is swollen with creatine; the healthy leg may be prone to fatigue or pain due to too much load, etc.
Daily care of disabled limbs
1. Keep the residual limbs clean every day, and check the changes of the residual limbs at any time.
2. Check the skin of the stump in contact with the receiving cavity or arm tube every day. If there is any abnormality, see a doctor in time or contact the prosthetic company. So as to solve it properly in time.
During the rehabilitation treatment of Merrill Lynch, you are advised not to wear or wear less prosthesis until recovery, to avoid aggravating infection and other accidents.
1. Pay attention to the height of the heel when wearing the artificial limb to replace the shoes. The first dressed person shall not wear flat shoes, and try to wear tourism shoes and leisure shoes. When changing shoes, the heel height shall not exceed 0.3cm-0.5cm when the first artificial limb is installed. Or contact the prosthetic company.
2. In order to make the prosthesis comfortable to wear, each wearer should pay attention to keep the body weight of no more than 3kg.
3. Patients with pathological amputation or special skin (such as skin grafting, adhesion skin, etc.) should follow the instructions of the technician when wearing the prosthesis.
4. Pay attention to the change of skin at the turn of seasons, prone to wrinkle, dryness and other phenomena, and pay attention to moisturizing and protection.
Notes on the skin, battery and charger of EMG hand
1. The upper limb electromyography hand skin should be careful not to contact sharp objects and ink to avoid damage and dirtiness (all dirtiness can not be washed off).
2. The battery of the mechanical and electrical prosthesis must be charged with a special battery charger. Keep away from heat source during storage and keep in low temperature and dry environment.
3. Do not put the battery into the fire or water. Do not disassemble or modify the sealed battery by yourself.
4. For long-term storage, keep 50% discharge state.
5. Connect the DC output circular plug of the charger of the mechanical and electrical prosthesis with the socket of the charging base, and insert the power plug of the charger into the AC 220V power socket. At this time, the yellow indicator light in the middle of the charging stand is on, indicating that the power supply is connected.
6. Turn on the switch on the battery box of the mechanical and electrical prosthesis, i.e. turn the switch to the "on" position, insert the battery box into the battery slot of the charging base, the red indicator light on one side of the battery slot indicates the charging state, and when the red indicator light is off and the green indicator light is on, it indicates the charging is completed.
You Can Also Learn More About Industry Trends