Notes on the prosthetic care after amputation
Notes on the prosthetic care after amputation:1. Prevent the contracture of the remnant limb and keep good posture. 2. Bandage with elastic bandage at any time after operation until the prosthesis is put on. 3. Keep massage on the third or fourth day after operation. Methods: first touch, then pat, and then rub. At least three times a day for 15 minutes. This promotes firmness of the skin, reduces pain, and promotes venous blood, usually, to reduce edema.
1. Prevent the contracture of the remnant limb and keep good posture.
2. Bandage with elastic bandage at any time after operation until the prosthesis is put on.
3. Keep massage on the third or fourth day after operation. Methods: first touch, then pat, and then rub. At least three times a day for 15 minutes. This promotes firmness of the skin, reduces pain, and promotes venous blood, usually, to reduce edema.
4. Pay attention to the movement of the stump.
5. Pay attention to the health of the stump: wash with good quality neutral soap every day, keep dry, pay attention to abnormal conditions and discomfort, such as: red, swollen, blister, broken skin. Remember not to apply non prescription items on the stump.
6. When there is a wound at the broken end of the stump, the dressing should be changed every day to keep it dry, and the wound should be observed frequently. Besides the wound, the peripheral area should still be massaged.
7. Perplexity of phantom pain: abnormal sensation often occurs at the end of the stump, such as: heat, burning, pulsation, bone pricking, cramping and immobility. After proper rehabilitation, the prosthesis will be improved or disappeared.
8. Put on the prosthesis immediately after bed together. Wearing it all day can prevent edema. It has the same effect as bandage, and can get the ideal shape of stump.
9. Pay attention to pure white sheep wool is the best choice for stump socks, keep dry, replace 1-2 times a day, and pay attention to wash gently with neutral soap, lay flat and dry to prevent loosening.
10. The selection and training of wheelchair, walking stick and prosthesis used by amputees should seek the assistance of professionals. To avoid the trouble of improper use, which increases the complications and training difficulties.
11. When there is a problem with the prosthesis, do not adjust or change the mechanical part of the prosthesis without authorization, and ask the prosthesis assembler for assistance immediately.
12. Anxiety, depression, depression after amputation In case of emotional fluctuation, talk with family members and medical staff to relieve their emotions.
You Can Also Learn More About Industry Trends
The continuous advancements in prosthetic leg joint technology have brought about remarkable improvements in the mobility and quality of life for individuals with lower limb amputations.
Prosthetic leg joints play a crucial role in enabling individuals with lower limb amputations to regain mobility and improve their quality of life. These innovative devices serve as the vital connection between the residual limb and the prosthetic limb, allowing for smooth movement and functionality.
Discover essential information about prosthetic leg joints in the medical devices industry. Find out how these innovative devices work and improve the quality of life for individuals with limb loss.
Building 58, Tianshan Community, Yuanshi County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province
Specializing In The Import And Export Trade Of Prosthetics And Orthotics Products
Find The Products You Need Quickly