When should prosthetic limbs be replaced？
We know that each person's residual limb shape, size, and muscle strength are different. In order for the patient to achieve a good level of rehabilitation, an anatomical prosthetic cavity is required and a series of matching with the patient's environment and exercise level are required. Accessories, consisting of a component that consists of a prosthesis. However, once the prosthesis is installed, it does not change with the shape of the patient's residual limb, nor does it become more robust as the patient's weight increases.
To sum up, after the prosthesis is installed, it can only adapt to a small amount of change, and it is not used permanently. Therefore, when the body undergoes a series of changes that cause the prosthesis to exceed the load or mismatch, the prosthesis needs to be reassembled.
The replacement of the prosthesis may be faced in the following situations:
*The patient's weight is not within the safe use of the prosthetic component;
* The patient's level of exercise does not match the prosthetic component used, which increases the energy required for the activity
* A part is damaged but cannot be adapted to exactly the same;
* The prosthesis is repaired several times, which impairs structural integrity;
*The receiving cavity cannot be replaced;
In addition, if the prosthesis is modular, individual parts should be replaced as much as possible. The receiving cavity is the most important part of the prosthesis and consists of an inner bushing/hard cavity, which should be replaced in time for the following reasons:
* Acceptable cavity size is not suitable, large or small, or the shape is wrong;
* Load bearing does not conform to anatomy, resulting in swelling of the legs or skin abrasion;
* The receiving cavity material changes and the structure is damaged;
* Accepting cavity rupture;
* Patients gain more than 30% weight;
*Unable to maintain suspension performance;
* No matter how you do it, you can't improve the health of your residual limbs.
Low Cost Orthotic Knee Joint Child / Adult Ring Lock SS / AL
Thigh prosthesis , Prosthetic leg cost