Stress point of prosthetic socket
The prosthesis supports the weight of the human body, so where is the force point of the prosthetic socket? Today, I'd like to tell you the stress position of the lower limb prosthesis, so that you can know whether the wearing and adaptation of the receiving cavity are normal in time.
1. Hip fracture prosthesis and thigh prosthesis are the bearing of the ischium;
2. The amputated prosthesis of the knee is the end bearing of the ischium or stump;
3. Sam's prosthesis is the end bearing of the stump;
4. Part of the foot prostheses bear the weight of the foot bottom;
5. The lower leg prosthesis can't use the bottom of the bone end to bear the weight in the horizontal plane like the above prosthesis. The lower leg amputation's stump is the tibia, fibula and other bone which can't support the body weight without the joint surface being destroyed, which accounts for a large part of the shape of the stump. It's difficult to use the soft tissue of the stump or use the bone end to support the body weight like other prostheses. But the whole contact force is mainly the bearing of patellar ligament.